Friday, January 11, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Since Liam made his appearance I have been all about slow cooker/one dish meals. I need tasty, healthy meals that I can put together quickly during the week (since I'm getting everything done with a squirmy baby in the ringsling).
Last night we had slow cooker chicken cordon bleu. I didn't take a picture, mainly because it didn't look very nice, but it was delicious. Everything was layered in the crock at 11 and dinner was ready to go when Hubby got home at 5.

Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can full of milk
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut in 1/4
6-8 slices ham - cut in 1/4
6 slices swiss cheese - cut in 1/4
1 package dry stuffing mix
1/2 stick butter/margarine - melted
Mix the cream of chicken soup and the milk, pour 1/2 into the slow cooker.
Place chicken evenly in the crock, then the sliced ham on top of the chicken and the swiss on top of the ham.
Pour remaining soup/milk mix on top.
Evenly pour the stuffing mix on top and then drizzle the melted butter over the stuffing.
Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.

I love chicken cordon bleu but Hubby has always hated it. This, however, he loved. Even my picky 4 year old cleaned his plate; if you knew how rarely he wants to eat dinner you'd know what a miracle this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment